Job title: Director & Head, Drug Discovery
• 23 years of Productive and Impactful Drug Hunting
• Pioneer in Epigenetics Cancer Drug Discovery and Development.
• Initiated >10 drug discovery projects and project teams from scientific concept through validation, Development Compound selection and IND-enabling studies, yielding 5 novel clinical development candidates including LBH589 (Panobinostat).
• Established a global network of scientific and clinical investigators to generate hypotheses and test Panobinostat in multiple solid and hematological malignancy Phase II trials, culminating in a large scale randomized phase III trial and FDA and Global Regulatory Approval of (Panobinostat/Farydak) in Relapsed/Refractory Myeloma in 2015.
• Led the establishment of Novartis’ third global R&D Center in Shanghai. Assembled high performing multi-disciplinary discovery teams, Initiated First in Class Programs, delivering multiple novel targets and drug candidates into the Novartis pipeline
• Developed and mentored multiple drug discovery experts who are now performing leadership roles at the highest levels in large Pharma and in the biotech industry
• 2008 Recipient of Novartis’ highest in Drug Discovery (The VIVA AWARD).
• Published >120 peer-reviewed articles, reviews and book chapters on Cancer Biology, Drug Discovery and Development.
Panel: Our Social Media Feeds Are Personalized – Why Isn’t Our Medical Treatment? 1:00 pm
The journey to personalized medicine and the role epigenetics will play How to design a drug development pipeline for precision medicine The future of personalised medicine – a pipe dream or legitimate goal? Read more
day: Virtual Conference Day